As you may have noticed, if you have your speakers turned on, we added a music component to our blog. (If you hate it you can pause it. And if you REALLY hate it you can complain and I might do something about it, but I hope you give it a chance!) If there is one passion of Brian's that has rubbed off on me it would be his love for music. For those who do not know, Brian's real love in life is music. He loves finding good music that isn't necessarily "mainstream" or what is being overplayed on the radio.
So I made a playlist of some of our favorite artists. It wasn't until I had finished the list that I realized we have seen almost every single one of these bands in concert as well. (Just saw Vampire Weekend last night and will see Ryan Adams for a second time in October!) There are a couple of exceptions: (1) Tom Petty - we have not seen him in concert, if tickets were not so expensive we probably would have, but neither of us really care for his older stuff w/ The Heartbreakers so we have not forked over the dough to see him. (2) Whiskeytown - technically we have not seen whiskeytown, but I don't think they are even together anymore, Ryan Adams (who we have seen and is on the list) was the lead singer of that band. (3) Keith Urban - OK, this is not one of OUR favorites, he's one of mine! And I have seen him in concert twice and would go again in a heartbeat!! And he does break the rules b/c he is quite mainstream, but I tried to pick a couple songs that were not as overplayed as some are.
Others we have seen that are not yet on the playlist: Iron & Wine, Interpol, The Decembrists (2), Band of Horses, Mason Jennings, Nadasurf and Radiohead.
This is OUR list, Brian's list goes on for DAYS and DAYS.
Enjoy.
If it doesn't get booed of the blog, I will try to change up the first song every so often for variety :)
No comments:
Post a Comment