It is going to be a big week next week! I can't wait for the start of some of my favorite shows. Here are my most anticipated shows that I WILL NOT miss:
(1) Lipstick Jungle (Wednesday 9pm, NBC) I was very nervous as to whether this show would return because it was one of the "fillers" that came out during the strike last season. But it's back and I am pumped to see what is in store for Victory, Wendy and Nico and their beaus. I love the clothes, the good-looking guys-there's one for every age group, and all of their kick-ass high heels!!
(2) The Office (Thursday 8pm, NBC) I know many of you have yet to realize the brilliance of this show and I can understand that, I too was a late bloomer, but now I am hooked! I love this show. If you are a twenty or thirtysomething then you really have no excuse, you need to start watching...all the cook kids are. Even if you don't get it, at least check out Jim (John Krasinski)- very funny and adorable.
(3.) Dancing With The Stars (Premiering Monday 7pm, ABC) DWTS as they call it in Entertainment Weekly, has - in my opinion - the most high profile cast yet! Two gold medalists, a Grammy winner, Ross The Intern.....how much bigger can it get? I think I love this show so much because we get to see celebrities be real people for a brief moment. So many of them start out SO awful and we get to watch them struggle and work their tails off to try and survive eviction.
(4) Brothers and Sisters (Sunday 9pm, ABC) The most loving and dysfunctional family on TV. It's hidden away on Sunday nights, but it is a major MUST SEE. And ladies, which are the only people that read this, Rob Lowe just gets better with age and only Dave Annable can make that crooked smile look so good!
(5) SNL (Saturday DUH!) Will it ever reach the glory days (at least for my generation) of the early 90s? Doubtful. However, they have made great strides from the lows they reach in the late 90s early 2000s. Amy Poehler may be one of THE funniest women in comedy! She is due with her first child anytime now so I don't know how much we will get to see of her this year. I also look forward to the musical groups they have; while not all are my taste (such as last weeks rap performance) they have had several Coleman favorites grace the stage in the last couple seasons. I prefer to Tivo this show so I can fast forward through the few sub-par skits (usually those featuring Kenan Thompson-formerly of Kenan and Kel and All That on Nickelodeon) and bad rap groups.
Others I will likely watch, but are not as high on the list:
-How I Met Your Mother (Monday, CBS) Something your husband/boyfriend can enjoy as well.
-90210 (Tuesday, The CW) I don't even have the excuse that I used to watch the original, because I didn't, we did not get the channel that it was on out in the boonies. When the new series premiered a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't find anything else to watch so I decided to give it a try and now I'm a little hooked. It's slightly more mature than I was expecting. Also, Aunt Becky (Full House) plays the Mom.
-Privileged (Tuesday, The CW) So in watching 90210 I saw a number of commercials for Privileged and since new network programming still had not started I had some free time to try a new show. It was surprisingly cute. I like the lead actress; she plays a quirky Yale grad who finds herself back in her hometown in Florida tutoring billionaire teenage twin girls. It's cute.
-30 Rock (NBC, Thursday) Its quirky, but entertaining. After watching Tina Fey's spot-on Sarah Palin impersonation, I feel like I owe it to her! We do Tivo this because Brian really likes it too.
-Biggest Loser (Tuesday, NBC) If nothing is on, I occasionally will watch this. It uplifting and depressing all at once.
-My Name is Earl (NBC, Thursday) I have fallen off the bandwagon the last couple of seasons. Let's just say I don't Tivo this, but if there is nothing better I may turn it on.
Still to come...cable programming!!
3 comments:
I am extremely disappointed that How I Met Your Mother didn't make the must see list.
It was the first one on the alternate list. If Brian had made the list it would have been a must see. I'll watch it, but we don't have a season pass to tivo it. Sorry.
Maybe it is my military background, but I really like Army Wives (Sundays on Lifetime)
I noticed watching the Emmys that half the shows up for awards are ones I've never seen. Maybe I watch too much reality t.v. You think? Gma
Post a Comment