Thanks to a fair amount of snow in a relatively short time...I have the day off from school, again.
Tuesday numerous schools in the STL area closed because of the weather that was supposed to come that day (ice/snow mix threats). I was scheduled to go to an elementary school that day for a vision screening, but since the elementary school was cancelled, I got the day off! My actual University was open on Tuesday so some of my classmates had to go in for clinic. The University ended up closing at 3pm-they always do that, wait until everyone is there and then cancel. Tuesday evening the snow really picked up. South STL got more than we did up north, but we still probably got around 5 inches-that's a total guess I haven't been outside. Due to how quickly it came down on Tuesday night (and southern parts also had ice with the snow), MODOT was expecting very poor travel conditions this morning. I think nearly every school in the city was shut down today, last night on the news they had over 600 school closings to report for the viewing area. UMSL, however, refuses to make their decision until 6am the morning of so I woke up, checked my email on my blackberry at 6:10am and saw that school was cancelled. (One more awesome thing about my blackberry, I can see if school or class is cancelled without even getting out of bed!)
It actually is quite sunny right now and it feels kind of silly to be home, but just because its sunny doesn't mean all the roads are travel-worthy. I am glad they called off school because I didn't want to face the hectic drive this morning with all of the horrible STL drivers. I wish I had some snow gear to go out and play....and someone to play with. Brian had to go to work, I think his building would have to collapse for him to miss work-what a good boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment