Fall semester is now OVER!! I completed my last of four finals on Thursday, and all went well. 5 semsters down, 3 to go, but only one more in the classroom :) I now am on Holiday break through January 12. However, I am not totally out of the clear. A company is coming in to host a boards review from Friday 12th through Monday 15th. So despite the fact that school is out, I (and my classmates) will be at school all day everyday this weekend and a majority of Monday. It's not my ideal way to spend the beginning of my break, but since part one of national boards is coming up in March, the review and guidance is welcomed! My class (optometry graduating class of 2010 all schools) will be the very first class to take the new and restructured part 1 national boards. Part 1 used to be in August before the beginning of 3rd year (I would have taken it this past Aug and had ALL summer to prepare); however, they moved it to March of the 3rd year. Not only is it now in the middle of the semester it also has material from the previous part 2 added in. As our review instructor told us today, it will be the "hardest" national board ever administered (for optometry) because of the increased amount of material mainly and the poor timing doesn't help. YEAH :( Thus, we (my entire class) are a bit nervous about the upcoming boards and thus why the review class is welcomed even if during our break. During Christmas I plan to not even look at Optometry, but once 2009 is here my nose needs to be in the books getting ready for boards!
Brian has finished attending classes, but has a "take home" final project that has to be finished by next week, so he is still working on that. Don't be confused, his "take home" is nothing like the "take homes" we used to beg for in HS, he has all ready put in hours and hours of work and has still more to do. He intends to be done this weekend before he heads back to Kansas for the bank's (KSB) board meeting. (I will be at home, well at school, for the review course). He has worked very hard this semester (both at school and work) and deserves some time off!! We plan to be in KS-not doing work of any kind-from Christmas through New Years!
After Monday, we both will be done with all school related things! YEAH!! Maybe we will spend an evening together on the couch....I can't remember the last time that happened!!! I am so looking forward to getting my mind off of school and onto Christmas! I am so glad I put up the decorations before Thanksgiving otherwise they still would not be up.
No comments:
Post a Comment