Monday, December 22, 2008

Family Visit

Last weekend my Mom, Dad and sister Makenzie all came down to visit Brian & I and to see our house all decorated for Christmas. They arrived Friday night and left Sunday; it was a short trip, but we had fun. Unfortunately Hayden and Aubrey couldn't make the trip, but it turned out not to be such a bad thing because Aubrey got the flu over the weekend-poor little thing-at least she got over it before Christmas.
On Saturday we went to Anheuser-Busch for the tour. After the tour (and some beer sampling) we went to a sports bar to eat lunch and watch the end of the KU game. Against Dad's will, we then went to the mall so Mom could shop for some shoes for Aubrey. After a short and crowded stint at the mall it was back home to watch movies and eat cookies for dinner. Somehow we only ate about half the meals we should have-we had snacked on Christmas sweets so much that we weren't hungry for meals like we should have been.
I really appreciate them making the drive to come see us! Brian and I thoroughly enjoyed just hanging out with the family.


Mom & I with Scott the Clydesdale


Family Fun


Bitter Beer Face!
Dad tried some of Brian's beer and this is what happened to him.

No comments: