Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Friday night we went to see the newest Indiana Jones movie (Brian's choice). It was OK, but not worth the $20 it costs to go see a movie in the theater; neither of us were that impressed.
Saturday we ventured over to the Botanical Gardens. Its a shame we have been in St. Louis for 2 years and had never been there before...its beautiful!!!!






Within the first 30 minutes of being there it began raining (30% chance my butt). It was actually quite pretty though.



Also on our way home Saturday we drove to the UPS warehouse. UPS does not deliver on Saturdays and our Wii came into STL on Friday night. We were hoping to find someone and be able to get it ourselves.....no such luck....the place was surrounded by barbed wire fence.

On Sunday Brian tried to teach me a new sport, Disc Golf or Folfing. I used to think I was semi-athletic and could play most any sport....yeah not so much. Granted this sport does not take a lot of athletic ability, but it does take same Frisbee throwing skills, which I lack. For those not familiar with the "sport", its a mix between golfing and frisbee. The course is set up like golf, except instead of holes there are standing metal baskets. You use special frisbees that can be found at sporting goods stores. We only played 9 "holes" and called it quits, Brian had all ready went into the woods a few times and had to climb a tree to fetch my disc. Oops! :) I told you I can't throw a frisbee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture of the bridge should be enlarged and framed. Beautiful. Gma