We accomplished our additional shoe storage via two methods:
1) Crown Molding High Heel Racks
2) Adding 3 additional shelves
I chose to have a little fun with color. Our whole house is the same flat, brown on the walls and a very yellow-based, creamy-beige on the walls-neither of which would have been my choice. That "beige" is the color that all of the closet shelves are painted too. And although we have a bucket in the basement of the remaining paint, (that was used in a sprayer) I think it would been very difficult to get that 2 year old paint to look good on the new shelves.
I chose to use a teal color instead to spice things up! We spray painted the molding and visible edges of the new shelves. I also covered the tops of the new shelves with a complimentary scrapbooking paper and then "sealed" it with modge podge.
When completed, I had room for 21 additional pairs of shoes! Love my new shoe closet!



1 comment:
Really wishing we had the same sized foot!
Post a Comment