Friday, January 22, 2010

Two Down, One To Go!!!

I just received the results of my second set of National Boards which I took right after Thanksgiving....and I passed!!! So number one and two are done and over with one more remaining.
The third and last National Boards is scheduled for May 1-2...again keeping me in STL on Aubrey's birthday, but this will be the last time I have to miss her birthday b/c of school!
Part 3 is a clinical skills test that is comprised of multiple stations where we have to perform various clinical skills on a real patient while a preceptor evaluates us. This will be easier for two major reasons: 1. I have been actively working in the clinic for the last year so I am getting a lot of practice; and 2. They is an outline for every station so we know exactly what is expected of us and what they are looking for get our points. The only real downside is to have someone standing over your shoulder evaluating your every move, but I think I will survive.

No comments: