Left STL 10:55, scheduled to land in Atlanta at 1:45.
30 min delay leaving STL, approached ATL and there was a big storm so we circled around waiting. We still were not allowed to land and our plane didn't have enough fuel to keep circling while waiting to land. This plane only had 3 seats per row and at 5'6 I was close to hitting my head on the ceiling.
Landed in Chattanooga, TN to get fuel. Stayed on the tarmac for nearly 1.5 hours waiting to get approval to land in ATL. They told us it looked like we weren't going to get approval anytime soon and then all of the sudden there was a break in the storm so we took off for ATL.
My connecting flight was to leave ATL at 3pm, stop in Miami (where the rest of the group was at) and the same plane would continue onto Nicaragua. I landed in ATL at about 5:15.....my 3:00 flight was delayed til 7pm. However, they decided to get a new plane from Miami to Nicaragua and not wait for my flight from ATL to arrive. Now I am booked on the 11:05am flight to Nicaragua tomorrow morning. The previously 3pm, now 7:00 flight from ATL didn't board until 8 and didn't take off until 8:30.
During my wait in ATL Brian got me a motel close to the airport in Miami. I went to go get my luggage and realized it was tagged for Nicaragua so I wouldn't be getting it in Miami. So with my backpack (which luckily I had packed w/ an extra outfit but no bathroom things) I caught the La Quinta shuttle. And here I am sitting in my dbl bed at the La Quinta listening to a roaring plane take off about every 30 min.....its pretty loud. But at least they have FREE Wifi and some sort of breakfast in the morning.
Here's to a better tomorrow, hopefully getting to Nicaragua in one flight and my luggage meeting me there!! Fingers crossed!
1 comment:
I hope the rest of your trip is smoother than the start of it. Enjoy your experience.
Post a Comment